- Pulse points – this area is where your blood is closet to your skin allowing for fast absorption.
- These ares are: back of neck, wrists, behin ears, temples & forehead, chest, abdomen, bottom of feet, inne elbows, behind the knees and up and down the spine.
- Mental/Emotional – By both smell and touch, aromatherapy may help have an effect on both the mental and emotional body.
- Body – Aromatherapy can affect the body by ways of dermal application and inhalation. Applying to the skin has many benefits which may help as an anti-inflammatory, anitiseptic, etc.
- Spirit/Energy – Aromatherapy can support meditative and spiritual practices through energy functons in the body.
Essential oils have been used for thousands of years and carry many health properties. These oils are powerful and may help with the well being and certain conditions. Essential oils are extracted using distillation, usually steam distillation which separates the oil and the water based components of the plant. These particlaes come from different parts of the plant like the flowers, leaves, bark, root, resin and peels. Once the extraction has taken place, what is left is a powerful oil. The oil requires using a carrier oil to like grapeseed oil to dilute. A carrier oil is just what it sounds like, it helps to carry the oil into the skin for better absorption. The carrier oil does not dissovle or damage the oil in any way or slow down its potency. It does help absorb in the skin better by slowing down the evaporation of the oils. The carrier oils also help to reduce any skin reactions that could occur to sensitive skin. Grapeseed oil contains high levels of vitamin E, which has high antioxidant properties, and has shown to contribute to the reduction of damaged cells from free radicals in the body. This protection helps prevent heart disease and some cancers. Topical application of essentail oils is also great becasue of their myriad health benefits. Once these oils are applied to the skin, they can do wonders in reducing all sorts of common problems. The best places to apply essential oils are: